Awards for Russian Fulbright Alumni, 2020
The Fulbright Program in Russia is pleased to announce a small-grants competition that is open to all Russian alumni of the Fulbright Program. Funding for these awards comes from the Institute of International Education (IIE).
Awards for Alumni will be granted to support short-term projects that enhance and promote the Fulbright Program in Russia. Alumni are encouraged to use their imagination and creativity in developing proposals that meet the following general guidelines:
1. The project must be outwardly focused and prominently incorporate the Fulbright name.
2. One or more alumni must be in charge of the project.
3. The Award cannot be used to fund international travel, pay foreign participants (visa, travel, honoraria etc) or as honoraria/payment for the Fulbright Alumni.
4. The target audience must be University students, faculty, scholars, researchers, museum/library staff and people of arts.
5. Individual projects will generally be supported up to a maximum of $1000 each. The awards are approved on a rolling basis and will be paid in rubles.
6. Priority will be given to those alumni who have not received Small Grants in the last few years.
Possible projects include but are not limited to:
• organizing local or regional meetings such as small conferences and round tables for Fulbright alumni and others interested in participating in the Fulbright program;
• setting up local or regional exhibitions based on the work of Fulbright alumni;
• planning regional activities aimed at recruiting applicants for Fulbright programs;
• organizing activities that promote the Fulbright vision to increase mutual understanding among the peoples of Russia and the USA;
• creating methodological materials and publications.
Whenever possible, applicants are encouraged to link their projects with other Russian institutions (universities, institutes, libraries, museums) that will allow for broader audiences.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis but must be submitted by April 01, 2020. While funding decisions will be made on a rolling basis, all awards funds must be distributed by June 01, 2020. Applicants who have not received funding by this date will need to re-apply for the next Awards for Alumni competition, which will be announced during the 2020-2021 academic year. All projects selected for funding must be completed by August 31, 2020; reports are to be submitted no later than September 01, 2020.
Applications must be submitted via e-mail (Word or Excel files) and include the following (all documents are in the attachment):
1. Awards for Alumni Application, which consists of a Cover Page (in English) and a one-page Description of the Proposed Project (in Russian).
2. One-page Proposed Budget for the Project with a detailed list of expenditures (in Russian). Make sure to include any and all sources of cost sharing.
In some cases, the Fulbright office may request additional information before making a final decision regarding funding.
Those receiving awards will be required to submit a brief final report and account for expenditure of award funds upon completion of the project. We kindly advise the logo of the Fulbright Program as well as brief information on the Programs be incorporated on the published materials.